Saturday 12 October 2013

Week Four - The Structure

Lots of structural work going on this week!  First, our retaining walls were filled with concrete and we thankfully have our post back supporting our front porch.  I just chose not to think about it every time I walked up those stairs...

The carport besser blocks were waterproofed (I assume that's what it is!) and a load of dirt was dumped to fill it - looking forward to this bit!

They laid the floor in the upstairs bathroom and toilet ready for tiling (thankfully waited until we were out!) and took out our offending posts downstairs to be replaced with a massive structural beam.

My favourite part though, and a total surprise when I walked around the corner, was that our downstairs entrance door was put in.  Love!!!!

Alex continues to sleep through nail guns and hammers on metal - amazing!



retaining walls in

pretty flower in our front garden - just because!

waterproofing the carport retaining wall

dumping the soil for the carport

bathroom floor in ready for tiles
our rumpus room structural beam

my fave - our new downstairs entrance door - yet to be stained.

No comments:

Post a Comment